You could work in groups of three, take three topics each. I recommend you take the topics you are least comfortable with.
Russia 1917 - 1924
- Measures taken by the Bolsheviks upon assuming power (p. 116-119 Lynch, Reaction and Revolution: Russia, 1894-1924 Access to History - Michael Lynch)
- The Bolshevik dissolution of the Constituent Assembly (p. 120-122 Lynch)
- The Treaty of Brest-Litovsk 1918 (p. 122-125 Lynch)
- The Russian Civil War 1918-1920 (p. 125-134 Lynch)
- The Foreign Interventions 1918-1920 (p. 134-139 Lynch)
- The Red Terror and the extension of Bolshevik control over society (p. 139-143 Lynch)
- War Communism 1918-1921 (p. 143-147)
- The Kronstadt Rising 1921 (p. 147-151)
- The New Economic Policy (NEP) (p. 151-155)
Places to find quotes, interpretation and historiography:
- Books brought in by Ms V
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajn4b01DqAu5dF81QVpYSHZ5NDlKZEFTT3IwSmtfOUE&usp=drive_web#gid=0 (Historiography grid)
Can also do it in Excel or in a Google Doc, up to you, whatever works best.
Create a diagram in which you add information about the 9 events above in each of the 7 areas below.
- Category of crisis: social, economic, political or military?
- Crisis/difficulty. Cause of difficulty or crisis. Detail and dates needed.
- Response of Lenin and the Bolsheviks? How? Why? Details and dates needed
- Individuals involved?
- Compromise of revolutionary ideals? Which? How? Why?
- Change or continuity from the old regime? Explain.
- Historians’ views/debates. Quotes needed.